Most people envision vacations lasting at least a week or two, to give them time to unwind from the day-to-day pressures of life. Did you know that you can decompress and re-connect with loved ones or meet new friends on a three day Gatlinburg getaway? These vacations offer you your choice of an active or relaxing (or both) time away from it all.
Let’s get started brainstorming your perfect Gatlinburg getaway! Follow these can’t miss guidelines and come join us to celebrate spring!
1) Select a cabin that is rustic or one that has all the comforts of home; including wide screen TV and wireless Internet. Gatlinburg cabins offer flexible floor plans too; you can rent a small intimate cabin or super-sized chalet style lodgings that feature soaring ceilings and breathtaking views from second floor wraparound decks. Many of the Gatlinburg cabins are pet friendly, so ask if you can bring your pet along for the weekend.
2) Plan on keeping the car parked most of the time. Gatlinburg offers aerial trams, trolleys, planned transportation to and from many of the cabins and fun hiking trails that allow you to take in everything Gatlinburg has to offer without needing to drive. With so many alternatives to driving a private vehicle, you’ll save time, meet fellow travelers and get to know Gatlinburg much more intimately.
3) Embrace adventure. Never been river tubing before? How about zip lining, or white water rafting? These are just some of the adventures that await you in Gatlinburg. There’s an adventure in Gatlinburg that fits everyone’s style. Even if you imagined your 3 day weekend as nothing more than a relaxing time to sit in a chair and view the scenery, you could challenge yourself to some shopping at Gatlinburg’s seven malls or see local artisans create handmade pottery, candles, soaps, baskets and many other crafts.
4) Eat, drink and be merry. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. There aren’t enough meals in the day for one to try all the popular Gatlinburg restaurants in one weekend. It’s not necessary to ask if Gatlinburg has a particular type of food. The diversity of restaurants and menus fits most every mood and taste. Did you know that Gatlinburg offers some of the best pancakes you’ll ever taste, plus we’ve got your sweet tooth covered with fantastic ice cream, donuts and caramel apples.
If you crave heartier fare there are numerous choices for casual and fine dining. From old country inn dining experiences to mouthwatering barbeque, seafood and great Italian dishes, Gatlinburg cuisine will definitely be one of the highlights of your trip.
5) Be Ready for Over the Top Attractions. In Gatlinburg you’ll never run out of things to do. In every season you can find just the right mix of fun, relaxation and adventure. Here you can try any or all of these activities: Visit amusement parks; see museums that feature famous TV and movie cars and exhibits from world record holders; visit a one-of-a-kind aquarium; play golf; ride the aerial tram; go to the top of the Space Needle (400 ft. in the air); go white water rafting; enjoy horseback riding or just walk a scenic trail in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It’s your getaway, but we guarantee it’ll be hard to get bored.
6) And the ultimate Gatlinburg getaway: Elope to Gatlinburg! Dozens of wedding planners offer elopement packages that allow you to plan the ideal 3 day romantic trip: A wedding and honeymoon in Gatlinburg! The best part is since the ceremony will be just for the two of you, you can more easily plan your wedding by phone or email, then meet with your planner when you arrive to finalize the details. Many couples have eloped to the mountains in Gatlinburg and take home unforgettable memories of their special day.
We’ve mapped out so many perfect ways to spend a Gatlinburg 3 day getaway. But wait, did we forget anything? Oh, of course, deals! Be sure to check our site periodically for deals and package announcements that can make your Gatlinburg dream getaway even better!
Download your free Gatlinburg vacation guide now.